Updating Your Resume After an Internship

Chances are that your internship this past summer is your most significant professional experience thus far; it is therefore important to update your resume afterwards to reflect what you had learned. I personally put special emphasis on my most recent software development internship, making sure that it will be the first thing an employer sees when looking at my resume.

My resume followed a typical education-experience-skills layout. My internship experience constituted major changes to the “experience” and “skills” sections of my resume. When updating the “experience” section, I wanted to highlight my internship experience by giving it the most amount of space and placing it first on the list. I carefully thought over and summarized my accomplishments into 4 bullet points, with action verbs and all. Adding a new experience inevitably meant that one or two older ones needed to be removed. To me, that meant two side software projects I did during my freshman year and high school. In the end, my experience section contained a total of four internships and projects.

My “skills” section received a major makeover as well. During my internship, I became proficient in several programming languages and tools used for software development. I added them to the skills section and indicated my level of proficiency in them. Similar to what I did to my experience section, older skills, such as a programming language I had not used for over a year, were removed.

Beyond my resume, I updated my cover letter and other professional profiles on LinkedIn and RICElink to give my internship maximum exposure. Finally, as I left in good terms with the company’s management, I asked my former manager to review and forward my resume to some of his connections in other tech companies. People from your former internship can definitely be a good resource as you start looking for your next one.

If you want someone to look over your resume, ask a PCA!  PCAs are trained by the CCD to provide resume reviews and resources in your college.  For a more thorough review, Schedule an appointment for a resume review on RICElink, drop by during walk-in hours (every weekday at Huff House, 12-1PM), and attend resume workshops (check out the full list on RICElink).

Stephen Chen is a Peer Career Advisor from Lovett College.  He is a sophomore studying computer science.

arb14

4 Comments

1. Totosite has various subscription codes depending on the ability of the verification site. The safety code of a food and dash verification expert provides the most reliable environment to use Totosite games in private Toto.
    https://cragro.com/안전놀이터

2. Investment Summary with superslot, an Alternative Investment Source that can make real money
    It is another way to generate good income. that are ready to give opportunities to make money for all ages with various games that play easily Uncomplicated playing system It doesn’t require a lot of knowledge to start playing Superslot games easily. Just apply for membership today. There are also good promotional offers. Many more that are ready to support the issue of funds for you to start more comfortably than anywhere, for sure. Portable money making source that can be played on mobile. Just download Superslot on your phone and you can take it anywhere as well. alternative investment resources that can make a real income online That guarantees about making the best money right now.

3. pg slot games no deposit required. And the more this website has more than 200 games for you to choose from, online slots games may be difficult for you for sure. Buy if you have time you can try the game for free and to study the criteria you want to play without paying a cent.

4. Elsu Pros สล็อต
    – Shoot very strong, normal shot, can shoot Zoom is good
    – Can walk a brutal game from the beginning of the game
    – Zone area is good from shooting. and setting traps to open up vision
    – Survive well from the pickpockets of killers.
    – Zooming at a very long distance, able to put pressure well
    -Able to shoot and attack tanks, fighters well by penetrating their body armor.
    – Plays well with fast attacking lines.
    -Pressure the forest well, including the Dark Slayer and Abyssal Dragon easily if you are proficient.
    -Can detect enemy invisibility